UK

William and Kate ‘ban BBC from showing Christmas concert’ amid documentary row


The Christmas carol concert, which is reportedly set to be hosted by Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey, will instead be broadcast by rival ITV, it is reported

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

William and Kate arrive at the Royal Variety Performance

Prince William and Kate have banned the BBC from showing their Christmas carol concert amid anger over its new royal documentary, it has been claimed.

The charity fund-raiser, which is reportedly set to be hosted by the Duchess of Cambridge herself at Westminster Abbey, will be broadcast by rival ITV.

It is said the Cambridges have opted to turn their back on the Beeb after its two-part series The Princes and the Press kicked off on Monday night.

It has been claimed William – who missed the first part while attending the Tusk Awards – had briefed against his younger brother Prince Harry and his wife Meghan.



Prince William and wife Kate Middleton attend an event in London earlier this month
(

Image:

Getty Images)




A source claimed to the Su n the move is a “real coup” for ITV, with the special having been arranged by the BBC before a U-turn following the “terrible row over the documentary”.

“It is a brand new format — the royals have never hosted a televised TV concert before. And to have the Duchess leading on it is a big deal,” they said.

“Naturally most royal programming goes automatically to the BBC as the national broadcaster. Now it looks like they will work more with ITV in the future.”

The source added ITV were “very surprised but delighted” to the call offering them the show.







In a joint statement shown at the end of Monday’s broadcast, Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and Clarence House said: “A free, responsible and open Press is of vital importance to healthy democracy.

“However, too often overblown and unfounded claims from unknown sources are presented as facts and it is disappointing when anyone, including the BBC, gives them credibility.”

Kensington Palace declined to comment when contacted by the Mirror about the carol concert.

The Mirror has also contacted the BBC for comment.


Read More





Read More








Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button